About STISA 2024
The Science, Technology and Innovation Strategy for Africa (STISA-2024) is part of the long-term people centered AU Agenda 2063 which is underpinned by science, technology and innovation as multi-function and enablers for achieving continental development goals.
In pursuing this vision, the African Union emphasizes the importance of “building our universities as centers for excellence, as exemplified by the Pan African University.” Investments in education, technical competences and training, and in science, technology, research and innovation remain critical.
In July, 2014 RUFORUM signed a cooperation agreement with the African Union to support the implementation of "Priority Area One: Eradicating Hunger and Achieving Food and Nutrition Security". This page is dedicated to the Networks’ contribution in achieving the Africa We want, Agenda 2063.
The Mission of STISA-2024
The Mission of STISA-2024 is to “Accelerate Africa’s transition to an innovation-led, Knowledge-based Economy”. This will be achieved by:
• Improving STI readiness in Africa in terms of infrastructure, professional and technical competence, and entrepreneurial capacity; and
• Implementing specific policies and programs in science, technology and innovation that address societal needs in a holistic and sustainable way
About AGENDA 2063
It is a strategic framework for the socio-economic transformation of the continent over the next 50 years. It is builds on, and seeks to accelerate the implementation of past and existing continental initiatives for growth and sustainable development. Some of the past and current initiatives it builds on include: the Lagos Plan of Action, The Abuja Treaty, The Minimum Integration Programme, the Programme for Infrastructural Development in Africa (PIDA), the Comprehensive Africa Agricultural Development Programme (CAADP), The New partnership for Africa’s Development (NEPAD), Regional Plans and Programmes and National Plans. It is also built on national, regional, continental best practices in its formulation. Read More
- The Progress Report on implementation of STISA 2024 Oct 2020
- Summary Report on implementation of STISA 2024 Oct 2019
- 1st RUFORUM Report on implementation of STISA 2024
- REPORT on implementation of STISA 2024
- 3rd REPORT ON IMPLEMENTATION OF STISA 2024
[ English ] || [ French ] || [ Portuguese ]